Monday, May 12, 2014

THE KITTENS!!!!! - by Addie

Ryland ran up the stairs...and said "someone threw baby kittens in the water to drowned." I said, "Really let me see."  So he brought me over to where it happened and my neighbor Don had gotten them out of the water. There were three of them but one of them already died. I was really sad but I took the two to my mom. They were soaking wet and very cold. We took them in and cared for them.

So when we got home we put them on the porch and my mom got a tub of warm water and a towel.  We rinsed them off and dried them off.  We gave them some milk and let them soak in the sun up on the rooftop.  When we finally got back to doing school we were about 20 min. in and I said, "Hey Mom, can I go check on the kittens?" And she said, "sure." So, I went up on the rooftop and they were not in the box.  I was really scared because I thought they fell off of the roof.


Then I looked in the corner of the porch and I saw a black and white tail so I went over there and pulled the kittens out.  I was so happy!!  After that we named them Oreo and Tiger because one looked like an oreo ad the other one was very feisty.   After that my Dad called and said someone wanted a kitten and we decided to keep Tiger and give Oreo away.

Today everything is good. We still have Tiger and we think she is six weeks old.  Plus, we think her b-day is April 1, the day we got here!!!!!!










- Addie

7 comments:

  1. Love your new Tiger. How is Layla doing with the newest addition to the family?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first they kept their distance, but now they are buddies for life. - Addie

      Delete
  2. Milk is not good for kitties; it can give them diarrhea. Tiger is very cute. I'm glad you have a kitten now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info. We did google it and were feeding her baby formula. She seems to do ok with that.

      Delete
  3. That's my Addie and Ryland, always doing good for others, even kittens. I hope Layla loves Tiger. You are the best. Love you Noni.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you too, Noni. Layla and Tiger seem to be getting along fine and Layla misses you. - Addie

      Delete
  4. Hi it's Stephanie, your cousin in CA. Do they play together a lot? I just started reading your blogs; I think they are really cool!

    ReplyDelete